Google Analytics

UA-61698554-1

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Yelp & Google Plus Groups

Yelp

Tia's Bakery does have a Yelp review page, which is unusual in that most companies that sell exclusively through retail do not.  When Tia's Bakery first started in 2009, we did custom cake orders in addition to retail in addition to catering quite a few events.  Since we've moved exclusively to retail and also moved to Oceanside we haven't had any new reviews.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tias-bakery-marina-del-rey    (old site)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tias-bakery-oceanside   (new site)

I believe Yelp does have an impact for those that have store fronts.  I use it myself frequently to view what the majority of people think about a restaurant or bakery.  I don't think for my particular business it helps or hinders it, but it's just another place where I'm visible on the internet.

Google+ Groups

I researched "gluten" on Google+ Groups and found quite a few that would help get the word out about my business.  More than drive sales though, I think the purpose of being active on these groups would be to establish myself as an expert in the field.

Interacting, answering and asking questions and even starting a new group would be a good idea for me to do.

1 comment:

  1. You have great ideas Marilyn! I hope by using these social networks, your business gains popularity!!!!

    ReplyDelete