Google Analytics

UA-61698554-1

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Week Fourteen : More Social Strategies

For Tia's Bakery, any of the visual social medias seem to be the most appropriate.  I've enjoyed using Facebook the most, as well as Pinterest.  Although Twitter connects with Facebook, I find myself still just posting on Facebook, while avoiding Twitter.  Possibly it's the restriction in the number of characters.  Twitter also seems to put an extra pressure on me, making me feel like I have to do it more often or follow it more often, whereas Facebook is something that can be opened every other day or whenever you want really, and catching up is much easier.  

For daily use, Facebook also works well because of the scheduled posts that can be written ahead of time.  If I had more time to dedicate to social media, I feel Twitter would be more engaging and would allow me to touch other businesses directly.

I feel that Pinterest is an outlet that can be used much less frequently and the beauty of it, is that your pictures are there indefinitely.  You don't have to worry about people not being able to see your posts because they have to keep scrolling and scrolling.  Anyone can find you or your posts, no matter how long ago you put them, just by searching for the subject matter that you focused on. 

Going forward, I will continue with Facebook weekly posts and Pinterest weekly to monthly posts.  If I am able to get more time, I will definitely incorporate Twitter into my daily schedule.



6 comments:

  1. Hi, Marilyn.
    Have you investigated Tumblr? I never looked at it until this class, but I think it's an amazing tool for some businesses (alas, not mine). You can post a picture of your yummies and as much text as you like. It's kind of the offspring of Twitter and Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like the time commitment is a common thread for people in this class. Like you, I feel like Twitter takes more time than Facebook, and someone else mentioned that Twitter posts don't have the staying power that Facebook posts have. You also make that point about Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn! I'm in agreement with you about Facebook. It does make things very convenient and reaches a wider audience due to its popularity. And yes, anything visual would definitely go far in appealing to the eye! Also, though Twitter may be a bit more limiting, there may be times you can use it for special promotions that your Bakery may offer or for random "flash deals/promotions on the fly" to those who follow you or subscribe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marilyn,

    I think we are on the same page with Twitter. I know I need to use it and plan to integrate into my new business (Graphic Design) but I'm not sure I'm that interested in it. I think a little more investigating into the uses of Twitter will most likely broaden the spectrum for needing to use it. I' glad we can connect it to Facebook. That should save some time.

    Pinterest is certainly going to be good for your business. Posting goodies is always a good thing! We all want to see what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Marilyn,

    I have enjoyed looking at your Facebook post this semester. I must say that it is one of better looking and business-focused pages I have visited. Thank you for the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn,
    We must be twins! LOL I feel the same way as you, and pretty much have only concentrated on Facebook, ignoring the twitter audience, and I do know they are different,
    I also think any of the visual media sites are right for our business. Check out Tumblr, and Instagram as well. I find the young one hang out there and provide a lot of attention to posts. Best of luck to you and your goodies!

    ReplyDelete