Google Analytics

UA-61698554-1

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week Three - Commonly Frequented Websites

Two sites that I frequent often are:

Kayak.com
This is an effective and easily used website for all forms of travel.  Each page is self explanatory and you don't have to hunt for the different things that you are searching for.  The principles of good design that they use are tidiness and organization of all the information.  Even though there is a massive amount of information contained within this site, it in no way looks cluttered or unprofessional.  What makes me come back to this site over and over again is that I never have any difficulty navigating through the site.  Even when they make updates, it's still obvious what to do to get your prices.  I don't know if there is anything that I would recommend for improvement, other than the fact that I don't enjoy having multiple pages being opened up on my computer as a price comparison.  I've never seen any of these "comparisons" being anything but more than what Kayak is charging.

Ebay.com
Ebay is a very effective tool for finding obscure and unusual things, usually at a substantial discount that you would find it for elsewhere.  It can also be just a form of online shopping, similar to a mall with a wide variety of items for sale.  This is another site that uses organization as a principle of good design.  Everything is very thought out in each category of the navigation bar, with extra information optional when you choose a new page.  They help you find what you are looking for and even are helpful finding things you weren't looking for!  The only recommendation that I would make for a change would be to remove the advertising bars that are on the site.  I find them distracting and when you accidentally move your mouse, another website pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment