Google Analytics

UA-61698554-1

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week Two - Business Communications

I have had limited experience in communicating with businesses via Social Media, but I have attempted to do so a few times.

One instance in particular, I chose to follow a business whose product I enjoyed.  They had quite a few followers and were active in their postings and the postings were interesting to read.  After some time though, I reached out to the company with a problem that I was having and they didn't respond to the post.

I continued to follow the company for a period of time, but I noticed that although the postings were interesting, there was very little, if any, interaction between the company and the customers.  Also, I really think that the followers were purchased and not actual customers.  This made me look at a few other companies that I was following and I noticed that they too had very high number of followers who looked questionable.

Although I still feel that companies can really benefit from Social Media, I think that like many other forms of communication, some have taken it to a level that makes it not efficient any longer.  Almost like the person who has 10,000 friends on Facebook, but never interacts with you personally, some companies are all about having a large number of followers but never actually connect with the customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment