Google Analytics

UA-61698554-1

Monday, February 2, 2015

Week One - Personal vs. Business

Almost all forms of social media can be used for both personal and business uses, although some lend themselves to more interaction for businesses.

Since we are a very visual world, Pinterest works well if your business has anything that can catch the eye of your client; food, art, photography, etc.  Facebook also works well for businesses in that you can broadcast events, which is also the case with Twitter.

For personal use, Instagram seems to be the new favorite, as you can snap a quick shot and upload with ease.  I don't think this is really geared towards business use.  I know quite a few people use Twitter, however, I find it very time consuming and I'm not sure if this will continue to be used quite as much for personal use.  Snapchat is an app that my kids and their friends use constantly.  I'm not sure if you would consider that social media, as the photos do not linger.


1 comment:

  1. Flickr can be another form to post pictures of products and services, I've also noticed that advertising on YouTube is mainly where business want to focus there attention. but for the little guys i guess LinkedIn would work.

    ReplyDelete